This page is a listing of available resources for speakers wanting to join DrupalCamp Manila. This page is based from the generally available Speaker Resources pages from various DrupalCon events.
Speaker Presentation Templates
We recommend that Speakers download various formats of branded slide decks from DrupalCamp or DrupalCon.
If you choose not to use the branded slides, we request that you include the following slides in your presentation:
- title slide
- speaker slide
- contribution day reminder slide
- feedback slide
Presentation Accessibility Resources
- Inclusive Speaker Orientation: Optional free training from the Linux Foundation that takes around two hours and will help speakers ensure their presentation are inclusive.
- How to Make your Presentations Accessible to All: Guidance for speakers to increase the accessibility of their presentation prior to and onsite.
Speakers are required to arrive at the session room at least 15 minutes early for setup. Speakers have access to the session rooms from prior to the first session of the day and also during the breaks. We encourage speakers wishing to present audio/video files or demos to store these files locally on your laptop, rather than relying on an internet connection, which can sometimes fail.
What to Bring
- Your laptop with session slides in 16:9 aspect ratio
- Please make sure you start with a title slide so our archive team can capture it!
- USB flash/thumb drive with your session slides (just in case!)
- Video adapter/dongle from your laptop to HDMI-female (only if your laptop does NOT have an HDMI output) - See drawing for more detail info
- Your laptop's power adapter
- A slide advancer, if you want one
What We'll Provide
- Projector Screen in 16:9 format
- HDMI cable connected to projector
- Power supply (Note: Please make sure you have the right electrical adaptor; C or F).
- Microphone connected to the podium from where you will be speaking*
- Q&A Mic in the audience*
- Audio connection at podium for your laptop*
- Shared conference wifi
- A volunteer to help make sure you're all set up
Where to go upon your arrival?
Once you arrived at the event venue, please go to the speaker registration desk (please note that this is a dedicated desk for the speakers and you will not be able to receive your badge and pin if you go to another desk).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Does your conference have a Code of Conduct?
- Yes! All speakers have agreed to our Code of Conduct when submitting a session as part of our Speaker Agreement. You can find our full conference Code of Conduct here on our website.
- How long are sessions?
- The sessions are either 35 to 50 minutes. The Q&A portion of each presentation should fit into that time limit. You can always continue the conversation in the hallway, at a BoF, or via Twitter.
- How are speakers compensated?
- One speaker per session will receive a ticket to attend the event. Since being a non-profit and the revenue from DrupalCamp is used to fund Drupal community initiatives, we are unable to provide for speaker's travel expenses or offer a speaker fee.
- What permissions do I need to present?
- Ensure you have explicit permission to share your company/client information, or at what level is appropriate to share. Proposing a session without permission is grounds for session cancellation.